The Morpheus TV Android APK is a popular app similar to Terrarium TV. It provides media content equivalent to Kodi addons such as Incursion, Covenant, or Gaia without the need for using Kodi. Find out all of the details in our guide.
August 21st: The creator of Morpheus has announced the end of the popular Android APK. Read his full message below.
I am sorry to announce that Morpheus TV will have no more updates after version 1.66.
This project was created with the intention of being used by a small group of people and was published in the Aptoide store for convenience because it facilitated distribution.
I (have) decided to pull the plug.
The app will continue working but the amount of sources will reduce gradually with time because of the lack of scraper maintenance.
The project is going to be rebranded and development will continue under a new name and application ID.
Distribution will be restricted to a small group of individuals and hidden form public eyes like it was supposed to be.
Some users have noticed that Terrarium TV hasn’t been updated with a new version since May. For that reason, we wanted to highlight a Terrarium alternative APK that is updated regularly and provides the same functionality. The Morpheus TV Android APK is a long running app and is worth having a look.
The Morpheus TV Android app is an APK that you can load onto any Android device such as a phone, tablet, or TV Box. Similar to third party Kodi addons that scrape the public internet for media, Morpheus TV does the same thing without requiring the Kodi interface for media playback. Instead, it uses an Android media player, such as VLC or Yes Player, to playback files.
Morpheus TV Android Information
Anyone with an Android Kodi box (Fire Stick and Fire TV included) can install Morpheus TV.
Just like multi-source Kodi addons such as Covenant, Exodus, or Gaia, the Morpheus TV Android app is a multi-source addon, meaning that it pulls streams from a variety of resolvers. The developers behind Morpheus have to update these resolvers when they go down and work to ensure that content is available in the addon.
Terrarium hosts no content and only scrapes data from the public internet.
Morpheus TV Features and Recent Updates
The latest version of the Morpheus TV Android APK is v1.65, released on August 14th, 2018. Each update, the Morpheus team works to fix providers, which are websites displaying media files, and resolvers, which decode the actual MP4, MKV, or AVI file.
Morpheus TV Android APK Features
Morpheus TV boasts the following nice features:
- The app is sorted into Movie and TV sections.
- Each section has different categories such as trending, popular, etc.
- There are options for buffer size and playback options
- Subtitles support
- Bookmark your favourite shows and movies for easy watching later.
- Choose whether to start each media file with or without subtitles.
- Download files to your Android Kodi box for later watching. Download more than one file at a time.
- Trakt.tv support
- Real-Debrid support!
- Support for Android TV, TV Box, Amazon Fire TV & Fire TV Stick
- Multi-language subtitles
- Native Chromecast support
- Ad free!
Is Morpheus TV Legal?
According to the Morpheus TV website:
“Morpheus tv does not contain any pirated content. It obtains the data from 100% and trusted sites in the world. So you can use this app without any fear. However, the legality differs from the geographical location where you are in. So you have to compare the functionality of this app with the legal status of your country.”
How to Install Morpheus TV Android APK on Kodi Hardware – Standard Method
Morpheus is not available on the Google Play Store. Instead, it must be manually downloaded and sideloaded onto your device. You can also use Android software that automatically sideloads APKs for you. To install the Morpheus TV Android APK, follow these steps:
- From your Android home screen, navigate to Settings > Security > enable Unknown Sources.
- Download the Morpheus TV APK from this link and move it onto your Android TV box.
- Navigate to the Morpheus TV APK file you moved onto your box and run the file. HINT: You can download ES File Explorer from the Google Play Store to make navigating file folders easy. You can also run the APK from inside of ES File Explorer.
- When you launch the APK, select Install. Terrarium will install and then it will appear in your apps section when it is done.
How to Install Morpheus TV Android APK on Kodi Hardware – Downloader Method
There is a free tool for Android and Amazon Fire that acts as a simplified web browser for accessing and downloading APK files. To use Downloader, follow these instructions:
- Launch the Google Play Store (or Amazon Fire Store), click on the Search button, and search for Downloader.
- Click on the Downloader icon, select Install, and allow it any permissions it asks for.
- Once Downloader is installed, launch it and make sure you allow it permission to view your file system.
- Click on Browser. In the address bar, type in https://www.morpheustvbox.com/download/.
- Scroll down to the button with the latest version of Morpheus TV and click on it.
- When prompted, click on the Install button. When it is done, click on Done and you will return to Downloader where it will ask you if you want to delete the APK file. You can choose Yes.
The Morpheus TV Android APK will now be found in the Apps section on your device.
Let us know if we can help you out!
PROTECT YOURSELF ON THE INTERNET
Sign up for a premium Kodi VPN and access the internet unrestricted. We offer exclusive discounts for NordVPN, the highest respected VPN in the Kodi community. It has some great features for users:
Apps for Android, iOS, Mac, Linux & more
Tier 1 hardware (no speed slowdown)
Access to servers hundreds of VPN servers