Install Kodi on Android today and access a powerful media server capable of playing back media on your Android Phone, Tablet, or TV box.
Use our guide below to install Kodi on Android today, including any Android phone, tablet, or TV box (including nVidia Shield) which doesn’t have Kodi already installed on it. Use our guide to reinstall Kodi if it has been deleted on your device.
Install Kodi on Android – Easy / Preferred Method
Kodi is located in the Google Play Store, which comes installed by default on all Android phones, tablets, and TV boxes. Installing Android from the Google Play Store is preferred for the following reasons:
- You’ll get automatic updates to the latest version of Kodi when it is released.
- The Android Store automatically installs the version of Kodi that matches your Android configuration.
To install Kodi on Android from the Google Play Store:
- On your Android phone, tablet, or box, launch the Google Play Store by locating the icon on your home screen or Apps page. Sign in to your Google account if you haven’t on your device yet.
- Use the search bar and search for Kodi. The first search result should be Kodi by the XBMC Foundation.
- Click the Kodi icon and then click on Install. Say Yes if the Play Store asks you for permission to let Kodi access your Android device.
- When Kodi is finished installing, you can open it from this screen or locate Kodi on your home screen or Apps section.
Install Kodi on Android – Manual Method
If you prefer to manually sideload Kodi on Android, use the instructions below to manually install Kodi without using the Play Store.
- On your Android phone, navigate to Settings > Security and enable unknown sources to allow you to install Kodi manually.
- Launch your Android web browser and navigate to http://kodi.tv/download/.
- Under the Android icon, most users will want to click on the ARM download link unless you have an Intel or AMD CPU, then you click on x86. Click Yes if you are warned about downloading the file.
- After Kodi has finished downloading, you have to launch the APK file that just downloaded. Open the Downloads folder from your web browser or use a File Explorer to find the Downloads folder on your device.
- In the Downloads folder, click on the Kodi APK and click the Install button.
- Wait for Kodi to install and then you will find it on your Android home screen or Apps section
And with that, you now know how to install Kodi on Android phone, tablet, or TV box.
Related: Click here to install Kodi on iOS (iPhone or iPad) without jailbreak
Let us know on Twitter or Facebook if we can help you out!