If you live in the UK (United Kingdom), blocked Kodi streams by your ISP are causing no streams available in Kodi addons.
Do you live in the UK and are frustrated by no HD streams in popular Kodi addons such as Seren, Gaia, Exodus, and other multi-source addons?
We cosntantly hear from followers about the lack of links in certain Kodi addons. These followers are quick to blame the Kodi addons, but the true fault for blocked Kodi content lies right in your own home network.
Multi-source Kodi addons have built-in scrapers which scan specific websites for media streams. Kodi addons don’t store or host any content themselves and only search public websites on the internet. Universal scrapers is the most popular scraper pack and it is in use by every single Jen-based Kodi addon.
We’ve done a deep look into blocked Kodi streams by UK internet service providers and the results are surprising.
The United Kingdom is one of the most vigilant countries over media streams it perceives to be illegal. Internet Service Providers have the ability to block or filter websites so that you can’t reach them. This also applies to Kodi addons as well. If Kodi tries to access and scrape a website that is blocked, it immediately moves to the next site in the list and you’ll never receive a response from this blocked Kodi site.
We used the website Blocked.org.uk to manually test every single scraper address in Exodus. The website tests each link from the most popular UK ISPs.
We’ve compiled the list of blocked Kodi scrapers in the UK below and you can see for yourself the results underneath a few tips for seeing new streams..
Tips to See More Kodi Streams & Less “No Stream Available”
- If you are a Sky user, disable your Shield settings. Sky Shield “protects” your home against the internet according to Sky. In reality, Shield allows Sky to filter out websites it perceives as bad. Click here to read our guide on how to disable Sky Shield.
- If you are a BT user, change your BT Parental Controls level down to Light. Like Sky, BT filters out what you see on the internet by default. Click here to read our guide on how to change your BT Parental Controls settings.
- Hide behind a VPN. A VPN will make your network appear as if it is from another country and another ISP. Simply connect to a country that doesn’t give you blocked Kodi access and you will see more links in Kodi again. Click here to sign up for a VPN with a 25% discount (53% off for one year). Here are some more helpful links and information:
- Switch internet service providers. This may not be possible for many users, but AAISP and EE did not give us any blocked Kodi content in our testing below.
Blocked Kodi Streams From UK ISPs List
NOTE: Sky blocked Kodi testing above was performed with the default Sky security settings.
BT results labelled as “Strict” only apply to the BT Strict firewall settings.
Note that this fixes about are supplemental to other basic tips about streaming on Kodi. To ensure that you maximize your chances of finding information, make sure that:
- You have the latest version of Kodi (and at minimum, Kodi 17+)
- You have the latest version of your addon
- You have the latest version of URLResolver, NaN Scrapers, or whatever other backend dependencies your addons use
- You manually installed each addon yourself. Installing builds increases the chances your addons are installed incorrectly and are causing blocked Kodi content.
- The content you are searching for is available on the internet. The older the content, the more chance it is obsolete.
Check out our UK ISP blocked Kodi testing results below for yourself and follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more help and information.
We ran this test a few years ago and got similar results! Check out the original block Kodi streams list:
Streaming Websites Blocked Kodi UK ISP Report