Kodi Covenant Tips – Looking for the best Kodi Covenant tips and settings? We’ve compiled a list of tips to make your Covenant add-on for Kodi even better! Read on for more information.
Though the Covenant add-on is brand new, it’s built off of an excellent base in Exodus. We have some Kodi Covenant tips to share with everyone!
Kodi Covenant Tips #1 – Sync Trankt & Trakt Features
Having a Trakt account makes your Kodi experience so much better. Though library integration is easier (just highlight a show or movie, press menu, and click Add to Library), Trakt allows for a ton of other features: watch history, watched status, ratings, customized playlists, and more.
How to Sync Trakt to Covenant
- Hover over Covenant in your video add-ons > press menu > add-on settings > acounts
- Under the Trakt heading, click authorization
- You will be prompted to go to the Trakt website listed. Once there, you will sign in with your account and validate the Kodi Covenant add-on and in return, it will give you a code.
- Return to Kodi, click Enter Pin, and enter in the code you received.
Kodi Covenant Trakt Features
When Trakt is approved, your Trakt details can be found under the My Lists category in the add-on. From there, you will see a list of options:
- Collection/TV Collection – This is exactly like the Kodi library integration, except it syncs with your Trakt account and works across multiple add-ons! You can add a show to your collection in Velocity and it will appear in Covenant and vice-versa.
- Watchlist/TV Watchlist – Your watchlist lets you add and keep track of shows you aren’t watching yet but have an interest in.
- Featured/TV Featured – These sections automatically pull the featured movies and TV shows from the Trakt website, giving you an idea of things you might be interested in watching.
- Movie/TV/Episode Lists – From within the add-on, you can add shows to lists and name them. For example, add movies to a Horror playlist or classic TV shows to a classics playlist and view them here.
Hovering on nearly any movie, show, episode or heading in Covenant, press the menu button, and click on Trakt Manager to add different things to your collection, watchlist, or a list!
Kodi Covenant Tips #2 – Real-Debrid
Covenant contains full Real-Debrid support, which will greatly improve the number of HD links that Covenant receives. If you aren’t sure what Real-Debrid is yet, click here to read more!
Sync Real-Debrid to Covenant
- Hover over Covenant in your video add-ons > press menu > add-on settings > Providers
- Under Real-Debrid, click the link that opens up URLResolver.
- Under Universal Resolvers, scroll down to Real-Debrid and click the Authorization link.
- You will be prompted to go to the Real-Debrid website listed. Once there, you will sign in with your account and validate the Kodi Covenant add-on and in return, it will give you a code.
- Return to Kodi and enter in the code you received!
Now, when you go into any movie or episode, your Real-Debrid links will be at the very top!
Kodi Covenant Tips #3 – Latest Movies
The latest movies option on the Kodi Covenant main menu can be customized to show different listings, taken from the IMDB website! Here’s a rundown of what you can choose and how:
- Hover over Covenent in your video add-ons > press menu > add-on settings > General
For Latest Movies, here is what we’ve found based on what your choices are:
- Featured – Your latest movies will largely contain those recently released on DVD, which is good for Covenant because you will be choosing movies with full HD links.
- People Watching – Your list will show the most popular movies, a mix of newly released on DVD and in theatres. Some of the theatre movies only have low quality CAM versions, so be careful of those mixed in.
- Most Popular – Again, a mix of new DVD releases and theatre movies with no good version.
- In Theatres – A collection of those recently released in theatres, plenty of CAM versions and unwatchable links.
- Disabled – Removed the option from the main menu.
In our opinion, the best option is Featured if you prefer only HD movies with no hassle or Most Popular if you are more familiar with how streams work and can differentiate between DVD links and low quality CAM versions.
In the same section as Latest Movies, you can also enable or disable Latest Episodes, the TV Calendar, and My Lists features from being shown.
Kodi Covenant Tips #4 – Downloads
Download functionality is included in the Covenant! To enable:
- Hover over Covenant in your video add-ons > press menu > add-on settings > Downloads
- Enable Downloads and then setup BOTH the movie and TV show download folders.
When you have the Select Stream dialog box open which is showing your list of links to stream, press menu and Download item to download to your computer!
Kodi Covenant Tips #5 – Subtitles
By enabling subtitles, Covenant will use one of the universal subtitle add-ons that Kodi supports to pull subtitles up for your stream.
- Hover over Covenant in your video add-ons > press menu > add-on settings > Subtitles
- Enable subtitles
You can toggle subtitles on and off in a stream by pressing “t” on your keyboard, by pressing the subtitles shortcut key in the Kodi remote Android/Apple app, or by opening the playback controls and clicking the subtitles button.
Some streams may not have any subtitles available, so you will have to see how it goes!
Do you have more Kodi Covenant tips you are curious about? Let us know and we’d love to feature more!