Are Kodi live streams not working for you in Kodi? Are official addons from Netflix and Disney+ not working? Make sure you enable InputStream Adapative in Kodi to fix your streaming problems today. Read on for more info.
The RTMP, or real-time messaging protocol, is a backbone for storing live streams on a web server. Kodi has an InputStream Client which translates RTMP streams for playback in Kodi. Depending on your install and operating system, this is disabled by default, which is causing a ton of Kodi streams are not working issues. You can enable RTMP in Kodi to fix this issues.
The Kodi foundation decided to disable RTMP by default in Kodi. Our guess is its part of their push to waive liability for installing “unknown” third-party add-ons. However, this has caused Kodi streams not working on a large number of add-ons.
To enable InputStream Adapative (RTMP) in Kodi, follow our guide below.
How to Enable RTMP in Kodi (VideoPlayer InputStream Client)
- From the Kodi main menu, click on Addons. If you are using a skin or build, this is probably found by going to Settings > Add-ons.
- Click on My Add-ons and then go into the VideoPlayer InputStream section.
- Click on the RTMP Input option and click on Enable.
- As well if it isn’t already, click on InputStream Adaptive and click Enable.
- That’s it! Try to enable RTMP in Kodi and see if this fixes your Kodi streaming issues.
The fix above should hopeful improve reliability with Kodi live streams not working. Let us know if we can help you out!
PROTECT YOURSELF ON THE INTERNET
Sign up for a premium Kodi VPN and access the internet unrestricted. We offer exclusive discounts for NordVPN, the highest respected VPN in the Kodi community. It has some great features for users:
Apps for Android, iOS, Mac, Linux & more
Tier 1 hardware (no speed slowdown)
Access to servers hundreds of VPN servers