Looking to add subtitles in Kodi and enable subtitles on any movie or show you want? Let us show you the easiest way to add subtitles in Kodi.
Are you looking to add subtitles in Kodi and enable them in any video file you stream? There is a very nice built in service from opensubtitles.org that works great on Kodi and makes things work pretty smooth. Even better, you can get Kodi subtitles in multiple languages.
If you want to learn how to enable subtitles in Kodi, follow our guide below.
How to Enable, Download, and Add Subtitles in Kodi
- Fire, visit opensubtitles.org and sign up for a free account. Open Subtitles is the largest user-contiubuted subtitles website on the internet and Kodi has some awesome integration with it.
- After you have a username and password setup, head into Kodi and from the Kodi main menu:
- ON Kodi 17 Krypton: Select Add-ons > Add-on Browser
- ON Kodi 16 or earlier: Select SYSTEM > Add-Ons
- Select Install from Repository > Kodi Add-on repository > Subtitles > Opensubtitles.org > Install
- Wait for Add-on enabled notification
- Click on Opensubtitles.org and click Configure. Enter in your username and password in this screen and then click OK.
- Back at the main menu, navigate to SYSTEM > Player Settings > Language > Preferred Subtitles Language and select the language you would like to receive subtitles in. Note, your options level must be set to “expert” if its not already.
- Play a movie in any add-on. When the movie starts playing, click on Subtitles in the play bar, click Download. Choose opensubtitles.org from the list to automatically search and pull in subtitles from the site.
- Once downloaded, make sure they are set to Enabled. You can press “t” on your keyboard to manually enable and disable them as well.
And that’s how you add subtitles in Kodi.
Let us know if we can help you out!