Are you looking to begin trying out Kodi development of repositories and addons? In order to keep track of your files and change requests, version control, issue tracking, and a whole bunch of other features, follow our guide on how to create repo on GitHub today for more information.
The best and most proven way to create and maintain Kodi repositories and addons is by learning how to create repo on GitHub. A repository is a central location where all of your files and content can be managed and stored.
GitHub Features for Kodi Developers
itHub is a completely free service that offers the following perks:
- Version control. Easy retrieve or review file history and chances.
- Support for multiple authors
- Issue tracking. Allow Kodi users to provide issues and change requests.
- Code review and proposed changes. Allow other developers to offer fixes.
- Project branches. Create chains of development before merging back into the official release.
In general, GitHub is the number one method for storing, tracking, and updating files, such as Kodi repositories and addons. Also, not having to store files on your own web server will save you a lot of time, bandwidth, and money.
So, if you want to get started, how do you create repo on GitHub? The process is actually very simple and is split into two areas below: Creating a GitHub username and Creating a GitHub repo.
How to Create Username on GitHub
- Visit GitHub.com and select the Register button. Enter in your username, email address, and password before clicking on Sign Up For GitHub.
- Select your personal plan or leave it as default and click on the green Continue button at the button.
- Fill in the questionnaire or else click on Skip this Step at the bottom.
- Log into your email address and confirm your account with the link in the email sent to you.
With an activated GitHub username and account, you can now create repo on GitHub for Kodi!. To do that:
How to Create Repo on GitHub
- Log into your GitHub account. If you have never created anything yet, you will see a banner when you login with a button that says Start a Project. Click on this.
- Under Repository Name, give yourself a name such a repo.
- Put a Description if you would like and leave the repository as being public.
- Check the box that says Initialize this Repository with a README.
- Click on the Add a license dropdown box and select GNU General Public License v3.0.
- Click on the green Create a Repository button.
And with that, you have just learned how to create repo on GitHub! You can use this repository to load Kodi repositories, Kodi addons, Kodi feeds, and a whole lot more.
Let us know if we can help you out!
PROTECT YOURSELF ON THE INTERNET
Sign up for a premium Kodi VPN and access the internet unrestricted. We offer exclusive discounts for NordVPN, the highest respected VPN in the Kodi community. It has some great features for users:
Apps for Android, iOS, Mac, Linux & more
Tier 1 hardware (no speed slowdown)
Access to servers hundreds of VPN servers