Kodi Genesis Add-on – The best source for watching every movie and TV show
If you are a new to Kodi and are looking for the best video add-on available, have a look at Genesis. Genesis will allow you to watch every single TV show and movie you can think of!
This post will not have instructions on how to get Genesis. For that, please check out Michael SEO’s blog for all of the details on how to install Genesis from the lambda repository.
Instead, I will show you some tips below that I have learned for optimizing Genesis.
The best Genesis Add-on settings
Access the Genesis add-on settings by navigating to Add-ons > Video Add-ons > Context Menu > Add-On Settings.
- Make sure the “Sources Timeout” is set to 10 (the lowest setting) so that you don’t end up waiting a really long time if you happen to select a link that doesn’t work.
- Change “Latest Movies” to HD. If you leave this at default, the latest movies screen will include low quality camera movie rips that you don’t want to watch. By selecting HD, you will only get the best content.
- Make sure max quality is 1080 unless you have internet that can’t handle that quality.
- Make sure “File Sharing services with captchas” is NOT selected. If you are like me and use the Kodi remote app, it is a pain to have to enter in captchas and there is enough selection without those links.
- Check “Auto-play”. This will actually allow Genesis to automatically play the best quality working link when you enter a movie or TV show and you won’t have to select a file host at all! This saves you time and allows you to watch movies or TV shows without searching through dead links.
- Make sure “GVideo” is the Priority 1 source. From my experience, GVideo’s links provide the most reliable 1080p links.
- Make sure “VK” is the Priority 2 source. Again, if you see VK or VKBox, the link with be of high quality.
- Make “Movreel” the Priority 3 source. By default, movreel may be further down the list but I have had no complaints about the Movreel service and will pick those links out of the group if given the choice.
If you have “auto play” selected, Kodi will automatically use your priority’s to find the best link for you to watch.
There are tons more tips for Genesis within the app and how to integrate it into your Kodi experience, which I will get into more detail later!